Abracadabra! Or how to turn a simple cauliflower into a cornucopia of flavours!
|Preparation: 30m||Cooking: 30m|
- 1/4 cup whole hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup whole almonds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dry cranberries
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 8 cups cauliflower, in florets
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- To taste, crème fraîche or sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander
- Salt and freshly-ground pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 230 °C (450 °F).
- In a small oven-proof dish, combine hazelnuts and almonds and roast 5 minutes or until the skin on the hazelnuts slips off easily. Place nuts on a clean cloth, close into a bundle, and rub to remove skins.
- Chop nuts coarsely and return to oven-proof dish, adding the sesame seeds and spices, then salt and pepper. Put in oven and roast 4 – 5 minutes or until the sesame seeds are golden. Transfer to a bowl and add the cranberries. Let cool and then add the maple sugar.
- Meanwhile, boost the oven temperature to 260° C (500° F).
- In a large oven-proof dish, toss the cauliflower florets with the melted better, then season generously with salt and pepper. Roast about 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is golden brown. Stir halfway through cooking.
- Add the nut-cranberry-maple sugar mixture to the cauliflower and arrange nicely in your serving dish.
- Serve garnished with crème fraîche or sour cream and fresh coriander.