Bretelles’ version of a Vietnamese classic
- 1 baguette bread, split in half lengthwise
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced (or your favourite hot sauce)
1 cup honey mustard (or combine 3 TBSP maple butter with ½ cup yellow
mustard, ½ cup Meaux mustard, ½ TSP salt, 1 TBSP lime juice, and 1 TBSP green Tabasco sauce)
- 1 apple, julienned
- 1 red cabbage, julienned
- 1 cup kohlrabi, julienned
- A handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 lime
- 125mL Vietnamese dressing dressing with Maple Jelly and Aleppo Pepper
- 250g of pork roast with Magical Rub, or leftover pork roast, sliced
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and season with 3 TBSP of Banh-mi dressing with Maple Jelly and Aleppo Pepper
- Spread each baguette side with mayonnaise and honey mustard.
- Stuff bread with vegetable mix and layer with sliced pork.
- Drizzle with Vietnamese dressing dressing with Maple Jelly and Aleppo Pepper and lime juice, then sprinkle with coriander.
Vietnamese dressing with Maple Jelly and Aleppo Pepper
|Gives: 150mL of dressing|
- 40mL soy sauce
- 1 TBSP (15mL) Mirin or dry sake
- 1 TSP (5mL) rice vinegar
- 1 TSP (5mL) virgin sesame oil
- 2 TSP (10mL) fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of ½ orange or tangerine
- 1 knob (about 50g) of ginger, peeled and shredded
- 50mL (just under ½ pot) of Maple Jelly with Aleppo Pepper
- 1 banana pepper or ½ - 1 jalapeño pepper (or your favourite hot sauce), seeded and finely chopped
- Whisk together Maple Jelly with Aleppo Pepper and soy sauce in a large bowl, then add remaining liquids while continuing to whisk.
- Mix in ginger and banana or jalapeño pepper.
Pairs well with Banh-mi sandwich with Maple Jelly and Aleppo Pepper, pork tenderloin, or chicken thighs.
Original creation by Riccardo Bertolino for Bretelles