Beef tataki with a magical touch!
|Preparation: 10m||Cooking time: 10m|
|Serves 1-2||Wait time: 35m|
- 1 well-marbled beef striploin steak (8-10 oz)
- 1 TBSP of Bretelles Magical Rub
- 3 TBSP of soy sauce
- 1 lime
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 TBSP of amber maple syrup
A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 TSP of sesame oil
- 6 shiitake mushrooms
- 4 green onions
- 1/2 a garlic clove
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- Remove the steak from the fridge, season it generously with the Magical Rub, and let it temper for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Over medium-high heat, grill the mushrooms and green onions in a skillet. Remove and coarsely chop.
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, the juice of your lemon and lime, the maple syrup, the cayenne pepper, and the sesame oil. Add the chopped mushrooms and onions to the bowl.
- Season your steak with salt and sear on high heat for 2 minutes on each side for rare.
- Let the meat rest for 5 minutes and thinly slice.
- Complete the dish with the sauce and garnish with cilantro.
Chef's secret: Tempering the meat is a crucial step to get a caramelized crust on the steak and a perfectly rare center.
Original creation by Riccardo Bertolino for Bretelles
In collaboration with Maple from Canada