Only 10 minutes of prep to look like a great Chef
|Preparation: 10m||Cooking time: 35m|
|Serves 4||Wait time: 2 hours|
- 1 piece of Canadian salmon, about 454 g (1 lb), ideally wild and deboned
- 2 TBSP Bretelles Magical Rub
- 1 TSP fine salt
- 750ml canola or vegetable oil
- 1 lemon
- Mix Magical Rub with salt and sprinkle evenly over salmon.
- Cover salmon with plastic wrap and place in fridge for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 220°F (105°C).
- Rinse salmon under cold water and dry with paper towels.
- Lay salmon skin-side down on cooking tray and drizzle evenly with olive oil.
- Place salmon in oven for 35 minutes or until temperature in centre reaches 125°F (52°C).
To enjoy warm, remove from oven and let rest on the tray for 10 minutes before serving. Add a sprinkle of Magical Rub and squeeze of lemon juice. Enjoy with a slice of toasted and buttered rye bread, or with seasonal sautéed vegetables.
To enjoy cold, leave salmon on the tray and place in fridge for at least 8 hours. Delicious with fresh cream, sliced cucumber, and a pinch of Magical Rub!
Original creation by Riccardo Bertolino for Bretelles