A simple recipe magnified by the Magical Rub’s complexity
|Preparation: 10m||Cooking: 90m|
|Serves 6-8||Waiting time: 24 to 48 hrs|
- 1 Québec pork tenderloin, about 900g to 1.2kg (2 to 2.5lb)
- Bretelles Magical Rub
- Fine salt
- 2 rosemary twigs
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Knob of butter
- Rub pork tenderloin generously on all sides with Magical Rub.
- Cover pork with plastic wrap and place in fridge for 24 to 48 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C).
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a non-stick, oven-proof pan over low heat.
- Season pork with salt, then place pork in hot pan starting with the fatty side down. Keep an eye on the pork as it’s cooking, since the maple sugar in the Magical Rub will quickly caramelize. Turn pork to brown on all sides, about 8 minutes.
- Add garlic, rosemary, and butter to pan and baste pork with juices for 2 minutes as it cooks.
- Place pan in oven for about 1 hour, or until centre of meat reaches 140°F (60°C).Turn meat at least twice.
To enjoy warm, remove from oven and let pork rest in the pan for 20 minutes before slicing and serving. Retain cooking fat and season with fleur de sel and Magical Rub to taste before pouring over sliced pork.
To enjoy cold, allow pork to cool 20 minutes before placing in fridge for at least 12 hours. Then thinly slice and enjoy in a sandwich with apple slices, whole mustard, local cheese slices, and Bretelles Maple Jelly and Aleppo Pepper.
Original creation by Riccardo Bertolino for Bretelles