Look what’s been crowned the leader of vegetarian tacos!
|Preparation: 30m||Cooking: 25m|
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- Salt and ground pepper
- 4 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp ground chipotle
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (preferably amber syrup, for its rich flavour)
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 4 oz gouda, sliced
- 1 lettuce, sliced thinly
- 1 small red cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Warm the oil in a large pan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cumin seeds and allow to infuse 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Raise heat to medium-high. Once the pan is good and hot, add the mushrooms and brown them, stirring infrequently. Allow any surplus liquid to evaporate. Sprinkle with chipotle powder.
- Pour the maple syrup into the pan and cook 2 – 3 minutes.
- Warm tortillas in a pan.
- Dress with gouda, then portobellos, lettuce, red cabbage, diced tomato, cilantro, and sour cream. Fold and enjoy!
Cooked portobellos will keep in the fridge for 4 – 5 days.